In many African countries waist beads hold a significant role capturing the essence of femininity. Waist beads are not exclusive to Africa, Asia has its own take on waist beads; for example India and Sri Lanka have very elaborate designs adorned during weddings. In West African culture women wear waist beads as a way to enhance their femininity, rite of passage, weight management, and as an aphrodisiac amongst other reasons.
Waist beads can be worn both under and over clothes. However most women reserve them to be worn under clothes for a special someone. Buy a gift that both of you will appreciate but its For Your Eyes Only.
- 6/0 Seed Beads Gold-Tone made of Glass
- 6/0 Seed Beads Gold Glass
- 38” - 42” in length per strand
- Customize size for desired length
- add $5 for plus sizes
- contact for specific size changes